WE’RE HIRING: CONFERENCE & EVENT COORDINATOR!
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Effective communicator, confident to bring your ideas forward
- Excellent time-keeper and ability to manage your own workload
- Strong time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong problem solving skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Strong people skills
- Interest and knowledge on the music industry
- Support the Conference Director in the delivery of a creative, forward-thinking portfolio of events such as Sound City+, Off The Record, Sound City Satellite
- Researching current topics and issues happening in the music industry to curate new panel ideas
- Researching and booking speakers and artists for conference & events
- Creative content writing, Creating concise, eye-catching, and innovative headlines and body copy
- Booking and managing of hotels, venues, conference speakers and travel
- Diary management of Conference Director
- Management of social media accounts
- Research opportunities for new events and locations
- Assist planning events from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives
- Collaborate across-function to ensure all elements of event are considered
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
- Delivering events on time, within budget, that meet and exceed expectations.
- Analyse the event’s success and prepare reports
- Support the Conference Director in motivating and managing the team to ensure the highest levels of customer service and the smooth operation of the team on a daily basis.
- Oversight of the events portfolio and event booking process.
- Allocating departments throughout the team and managing the workflow.
- Work in collaboration with the Conference Director to ensure that company objectives are met when planning events.
- Inspiring and promoting creativity within the team with an emphasis on process improvement and delivering excellence. Striving for the production of events that have a reputation for being ‘best-in-class’ in the industry.
- Take responsibility for responding to operational situations to ensure the best outcome.
Who are Sound City?
- Proven experience in events
- Excellent overall writing skills in a number of different styles/tones
- Impeccable spelling and grammar
- High comprehension of software like Microsoft Word and Google Docs
- Skilled in project management
- Excellent organisational skills
- Willingness to travel
- Strong communication and negotiation ability
- A team player with leadership skills
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Communication skills and presentation skills. Sharing idea and providing feedback.
- Keen attention to detail.
Sound City is the UK’s leading Independent Festival and Conference responsible for organising a range of boutique music, media and technology festivals and conferences around the world.Sound City Events
Liverpool Sound City and Sound City + (now going into its 14th edition), Dubai Sound City, Tromso Sound City, New York Sound City (4th edition), Sound City Digital (2nd edition), Sound City Korea (4th edition), Gateway to the Asian Music Markets, Off The Record (4th edition) and Sound City Satellite.Closing date for applications: 21st September 2020
Please send cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Interviews: 28th-29th September 2020